Friday, October 26, 2007

My Wrath

Today, I learned two new spells. The first one is called "wrath". It is a simple spell, but what is simple is almost always useful. I tell you what it does: it bolts out green light from your hand toward whatever object you decided to cast it to. Chances are, your target would die.

Then comes the usefulness of all this. You walk and stand besides the still body of your victim and claim the loot, well, whatever your target is carrying at the time. I pick them up and they are mine, although I don’t know what to do with them most of the times.

They will not tell you this, but you can also cast this spell to humans and, more importantly, those stinky elves, I mean, they take bath every day, can you even believe that? Anyway, when I have my loots, I keep them hidden and safe.

Grull Hawkwind of Camp Narache wants me to obtain for him 7 plainstrider meat and equal number of their feathers. I’m so happy and excited that I finally get some work to do and I know exactly how to accomplish them. Isn’t that wonderful? I know this sounds weird, but I think all can understand a young male tauren’s urge to prove himself in the eyes of his people. I want to be viewed as brave, strong and responsible, and, above all else, a competent member of a proud race. Yepp, since you asked, Taurens smells infinite times better than filthy elves who dare even to bath themselves. Those savages!

Without requiring chief Hawkwind to spit another word, I heartily head toward green field. The emerald prairie abounds with scattering plainstriders gazing with leisure. This is a perfect spot to start my work.

I cast and cast and cast. One by one, the unresisting birds fall before my might. I made it sounds very easy, but casting wrath is a demanding job. I was soaked in sweat and my head felt like a boulder when I was done with my wrath. The prairie is emptied except for all the corpse I left behind.

I handed my meat and feather to chief Hawkwind. He thanked me and said I showed much promise. At that moment, my chest is swelling and my heart is content.

On my way back to my tent, I cast a glance toward the empty plain. Plainstriders are gone. The sight troubles me. What would we eat, what would we wear when there is no more plainstriders? I went back to ask chief Hawkwind this question. He told me to stop worring and nature would take care itselfs. I guess he’s right.

I remember that I have another spell. This one is called “Healing Touch”. It takes a lot more than Wrath to cast. So, I havn’t tried it. Supposedly, it heals wounds and undo the damage that Wrath has done. I walk to the nearest plainstrider body and spell out the incantation. This spell flashes green light as well as Wrath. It looks promising.

I finish the casting and wait. I wait. Nothing is happening. I wait again. Still nothing. I wait and wait. But plainstrider will not come back to life. This spell is not as useful as the first one, sadly I thought, or maybe it is just too late.

No comments: